Abraham began as a church farm where grain was grown during the1870s by the LDS Church. In 1891 families arrived, building homes and establishing farms.
In 1942, through the efforts of several Millard County landowners, government engineers and inspectors, a large area of land was purchased from several Abraham landowners to become part of the Topaz Interment Camp. After selling their property, most families moved to nearby towns, leaving behind only 50 residents.
After World War II, farmers were notified by the government that they could buy back their land. Many purchased their former land, and homes and farmland are scattered throughout the area. Abraham is located 5 miles northwest of the town of Hinckley.
Lat: 39.396532 Long: -112.718192