In July of 1915, the first artesian well was drilled in the area west of Fillmore. It took several weeks of drilling, but the wells produced spectacular flows. During the next six months, many more wells were drilled and several families moved into the area. In 1919, a school was built, and in 1922 a post office was established. The area was originally named Crystal, but with the building of the post office the name was changed to Flowell, probably due to the many flowing wells in the area.
Lat: 38.979267 Long: -112.433319