Gandy was first called Warm Springs and settled in 1887. When the post office was established the town was named Gandy after the oldest living person.
A colony of peaceful Indians lived nearby and made gloves from deer skin, which the settlers bought for 50 cents a pair. Saddles were also made by the Indians and consisted of animal bones covered with rawhide. Gandy is located in the western part of Millard County near the Nevada border.
Lat: 39.454477 Long: -113.997124