Garrison was established in the 1870’s by settlers who took up “squatter’s rights.” It is a cattle, sheep and crop raising settlement and is the largest winter grazing area in the state of Utah. Garrison was the center point for the first mail contract that ran from Frisco, Utah to Ely, Nevada. Emma Garrison was the first postmaster and the town was named after her. Today, Garrison has about 50 residents, a post office, a church, Utah State and Millard County road maintenance sheds and a volunteer fire department.
Lat: 38.933072 Long: -114.033223